Sunday, September 30, 2007

What you deserve...

...and what I promise, just as I always have, is complete honesty.

I know that many people check my blog maybe daily. The numbers keep climbing even through the summer "break", and since my last post on September 4th.

The fact is that I've been doing what I always do. I've been savoring life with my family and with my friends. I know I have basically neglected this blog, but that fact doesn't mean that I don't care about the issues facing our town, it just means over the last few months I've had an even stronger sense of needing to stay closely connected to my loved ones.

My priorities are firmly in place. God, family, friends, and community service, in that order.

Tonight, as I write this, I am grateful that my deep faith in God allows me to clearly assess where my time is needed, and I believe my nurturing and complete concentration on my family helped us to spiritually prepare for the worst tragedy our family has ever experienced.

A sweet, gentle soul, my loving sister-in-law, passed away completely unexpectedly. We are all dealing with the shock and overwhelming grief of her sudden loss.

I know, unequivocally, she would encourage all of her family and me to resume all aspects of our lives and live each day fully.

Such was her love.

I ask that you keep her, our entire family, and me, in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen thank you for such a heartfelt post on your blog. It takes a lot of strength for you to post what you posted. Condolences to you and your family.