Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Polls are closed! Unofficial results will be posted later tonight.

After a day which started with pouring rain, briliant sunshine, chilling winds, and dropping temperatures, the polls are finally closed! Whew! What a day! It's finally over and just as soon as we can, the unofficial results will be posted.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every wonderful person who took the time to distribute my campaign cards, made contributions and telephone calls, worked the polls, and voted for me today. My gratitude for all your efforts on behalf of my candidacy has no boundaries. No matter what the results are tonight, I am richer for having this experience of a bipartisan campaign and I will forever treasure the old as well as the new friendships we have made.

If this seat is lost to my opponent it will be because of a technicality which I unfortunately did not forsee. The paper ballot system allows a voter to vote straight ticket for either all Democrats or all Republicans. Because I am a registered Democrat, most people identifiy me in that political party. I was approached by a voter late this afternoon who explained that he almost voted straight Democrat which would have given a vote to my opponent. I imagine that many people may have indeed, voted straight Democrat thinking they were voting for me, and gave their vote away unintentionally. As it was ultimately my responsibility to educate the voter in how to split the Democratic ticket, I apologize to those who may have thought they were voting for me. I am deeply sorry.

However, on the Republican ballot, a straight ticket vote meant a vote for me along with the other Republican candidates.

It is what it is now, and we will learn in a few short hours, the results.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who supported me.

We're off to Molly McGuire's, and if you're reading this post, please come down and join us.

Thank you, God Bless you, and God Bless Phoenixville!

No comments: